Monday, April 28, 2008

Beijing Spring

My trip to Beijing has me entirely so floating in air that I haven't come down.

The people of China captured me forever and I hope they can avoid what we've done to our world: poisoned air, paved Paradise, unending eradication of heritage in the name of "progress".

Although it was ever thus, we are now (as evidenced from the Web Conference) able to wrest back our joy of life through inter-connections without end.

We are truly all in this together and members of one another.

At LiQun duck restaurant, I posed with the owner .

My visit to the China's Capital City was enhanced by the acquisition of a guide/translator who soon became the grand-daughter I never had.

I am again a world traveler but some of the flying was trying.

Love.

2 comments:

Convivialdingo said...

Glad you had a wonderful trip! I've heard so many nice things about China - I really hope to visit one day.

Hope you enjoyed your surprise as well!

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear the trip was fun. Sorry I couldn't make it myself...