Friday, December 5, 2008

BNP

The subject acronym refers to a chemical that the heart emits when it is undergoing congestive heart failure and it serves to notify you that your edema (swelling ankles and a bit of fluid in the lungs) is telling you that your heart is being stretched beyond its normal limits and, except for sensible intercession, you're quite mortal.

So Fillmore drove me in to the ER and I stayed for two nights being dosed with lasix, which makes one pee like a race horse, but then it clears up and you go home with instructions to drink less fluids, so I feel about like I felt but with the certain knowledge that these wonderful times won't last forever.

But my pacemaker batteries are good for another seven years and either my mind is clear or I harbor the delusion that it is!

Good to be back where the food is edible (the hospital's is worse than the airline's!) and I have my "precious email" and like that.

Love.

No comments: