Monday, January 21, 2008

Me and CAD

Coronary Artery Disease is a sort of plague coming under control through medical procedures and pills/diet/exercise/surgery. I've done all those things.

I take 9 different medications daily, eat very little flesh, "ride" my stationary recumbent exercise "bicycle" several hours a day, look back on my heart attacks and bypass surgery and pacemaker, and feel good about having undergone a course of EECP.

The latter is perplexing in that American Cardiology Establishment ignores it to our detriment: it works and is the therapy of choice in much of Asia.

I feel good and am comparatively active at 82 - tried traveling a bit to a Web Accessibility Conference. It was an epiphany because of the skill/dedication of an upcoming generation of Web designers who care about this stuff.

Love.

No comments: